JOIN THE R&S TEAM
At R&S we are lucky enough to have highly-skilled, hardworking, great people, whom all work in a way which supports our company values:
Dependable – you can rely on our engineering-based expertise to guide you to make the right decisions.
Passionate – we are passionate about what we do. We really care about meeting our client’s and partner expectations.
Resourceful – we have the industry knowledge and expertise supported by relationships to help solve any problem and find the best solution.
As a growing business we are always on the look out for suitably qualified people who match our company values – please check out our current vacancies below:-
Role: Service Engineer
Industry Sector: Engineering – Mechanical & Electrical
Job Type: Full-time
Working to a planned schedule of service and repair jobs at our client’s premises. To complete breakdowns or refurbishments which are delivered to our onsite workshop. To carry out inspections and servicing of the companies hire fleet. To accurately complete job sheets, time-sheets, service reports and parts paperwork within the required timescales. To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van stock/tablet etc) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken. To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines
Detailed Job Description
Field Service Mechanical and Electrical Engineer Full Time Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. Normal hours of work are 08:30am – 17:00pm
An exciting opportunity has risen for an experienced electrical & mechanical engineer to join a local growing business. Built on over 30-years engineering experience, R&S Industrial Cleaning Equipment is uniquely placed to provide a one-stop solution for any industrial cleaning requirement. R&S work with leading manufacturers including Nilfisk, Karcher, Osprey, Prochem, Numatic, Taski and i-team UK providing customers with competitive pricing on equipment sales and hire. In addition, our dedicated team of friendly engineers offer scheduled servicing and hardware break fix to customers across the UK.
The Field Service Engineer will need experience working on all aspects of electrical & mechanical equipment. The Field Service Engineer will have experience of carrying out maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis on all types of industrial Cleaning machines The Field Service Engineer with also require a detailed understanding of health and safety within this environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our client’s premises and within our onsite workshop
- To ensure van stock is monitored/counted and sufficient for the day to day maintenance of cleaning machines.
- To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and maintained machines.
- To complete off site training courses with manufactures
- To accurately complete job sheets, time-sheets service reports and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
- Take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/tablet etc) and ensure that it is safe for the type of work being undertaken
- To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Proficient in fault finding and repair
- Commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful and solution driven
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritising workloads to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Clear communication skills – Oral and Written Consultation and negotiation skills
- Flexibility to cope with diverse needs of the post
- Highly motivated and possessing a resilience to work under pressure
- Positive, Personable and optimistic with a can-do attitude